20100422

BREAKING NEWS: Shoe Sale Down At the ZombieMart

I think I'll swing by and score me a pair of these footies on the way home. I'm pretty sure there isn't anything (yet) in the Employee Manual of Employer Rules and Codes of Conduct under Article 3 : Dress Code that specifically prevents the use of these in the work place. To be safe, though, I'll toe the water on Casual Friday.


































I'm caught up in the TV show Flash Forward. I decided that since the writers of that other TV show called 24 have been taking script advice from the mentally impaired, I need a new weekly program to waste more of my time. FF had some pretty nifty scenarios in the beginning, but even it's become more of a daytime drama than a cool scientifically based mindfuck. Speaking of 24, it's ending this year after the eighth season...or is it the eighth day? Like i said, I know why, too. The scripts suck ass. Actually, now that I think of it, after the first three days (seasons), it has been pretty much down hill.

Edit: You might be asking why I have kept up with 24 all these years. I can answer that. Basically, the character of Jack Bauer is about the only real man type character (absent of lefty type softness seen in about every other TV show) left on the weekly TV guide. That, and there is always a nice array of guns and explosions.

After Flash Forward, then its over to the Speed Channel for another lame episode of Bullrun. I was sort of digging that show last season, but aside from the fantastic cars, there isn't much there in the way of entertainment. I don't know, since I've stay tuned for the season so far, I might as well watch the last few episodes. Something might get wrecked...and things explode, which is always sort of cool.

Edit: I ended up doing what I do most often - watched the Science Channel until midnight.

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but Kari is back from maternity leave. I happened across a new Myth Busters the other day. They made cannons out of leather. I like these cannons better than the ones they made out of duct tape even when the breech gave it up and back-ploded, but nothing was more fun than watching the water heaters under 35 psi (I think) blow themselves 250 feet skyward.

Oh, and happy Earth Day. I would call my green friends and tell them that , but I don't have any green friends any more. I shot them all dead back in 2004 because they lost their minds due to the Gorean-Dementia disease. It was sad watching them suffer like that. I now consider myself a humanitarian.

Speaking of saving the planet, I have a question (shamelessly stolen from the great Mark Davis [edit: it was George Carlin played on Mark Davis' show]):
Earth has been on it's own for 4.6 billion years and it did quite well without our help. I mean, in spite of being magmatically boiled, pounded by asteroids and space rocks, quaked, flooded and
volcanoed to hell and back, why do we need to save it from plastic baggies and water bottles?

Answer: This landscape photograph of Mother Earth shows that without a doubt that she is alive and doing pretty darn well.















Ok, couch potato time.

2 comments:

  1. Damn funny blog, Grackle! The shoes kill me ;)

    And I just have to give you props for this:

    "Oh, and happy Earth Day. I would call my green friends and tell them that , but I don't have any green friends any more. I shot them all dead back in 2004 because they lost their minds due to the Gorean-Dementia disease. It was sad watching them suffer like that. I now consider myself a humanitarian."

    Best damn comment EVER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked it. I feel lucky or something.

    ReplyDelete

Your point being?