20100526

Smadi Terror Plea Confuses Judge

I guess confused is the proper term.

District Judge Barbara Lynn says more time is needed to decide how much time our friendly local bomberman should spend in prison.

Really?

Well, his attorney says he's all roses and candy...

Defense attorney Peter Fleury said his client's crime doesn't fit the man. 

"Everybody that has met Hosam Smadi will tell you he is a nice, kind, generous man, and he's not political and he's not very religious and yet he did this terrible thing."

I'm a little stuck on the "nice, kind and generous" part. But I'm sure that once the smoking ears cool off, then I can allow the "...he's not political" part to cause FIRE TO SHOOT OUT OF MY EYES!!!

What am I missing? Does he say "please, thank you and excuse me" Does he bring chocolate chip cookies? Does he say grace before he eats? Perhaps he wears pink floral underwear? Doe eyes? C'mon!

This bastard said this and he's a nice guy...right?

BUT-But-but!!! There's more.
The defense attorney told the judge that Smadi has been diagnosed with a mental disorder. 

"We will present to the judge evidence that he suffers from schizophrenia as part of our argument that that lessens, in some way, his culpability," Fleury said. "But it's not going to be an excuse for the offense."
Doesn't that make things a little better? Of course it does. Makes me sorta wanna cry.

Just out of curiosity, I wonder what might have happened had Smadi not been as big of an idiot as he was by asking the freaking FBI to help him. Let's just suppose that he succeeded in blowing up the Fountain Place Tower and a thousand people were killed. In Texas?

It's an  I.M. Pei building...or so I am told...hmm... (if only there was a way I could find out...)














This guy would be rushed to the front of the death row line, if he even made it THAT far.

So, exactly what's the difference? Does it depend on whether he passed or failed?

Ok, so can kind of understand where the Judge might be. She's probably thinking that if she gives the guy life, then perhaps she gets her name on the terrorist hit list. However, maybe she should just let him go in west Texas somewhere with a tee shirt saying who he is and what he did, hand cuffed with a gallon of soapy water and a peeled banana.

Hell, I don't know about anything I see in the news anymore. If I didn't know any better, then I'd think a bunch of flippin' clown Smart Cars flipped over in front of every courts building, every city hall, every state legislature, and at every federal building at every level of the government. Then all at once, thousands of clowns bounced out of each of the Smart Cars and straight into political position.

Wait a minute...what if...

5 comments:

  1. Don't you know why they consider him a "nice guy"?

    He prays five times a day....

    How in hell he's not a political type of individual I'll never know, seeing as he wanted to blow up a building a la Atta to bring us to our knees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes...the building was designed by I.M. Pei and Partners....completed in 1986, totally opened by January 1987. I know because I went :)

    Jordanian? That's enough for me. He should fry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maximum of two weeks after review of first trial finding him guilty and sentencing him to death.

    ReplyDelete

Your point being?