20100509

Offensive Tee Lands Latina In Jail

With all the bitching about how Americans in America are disrespecting the Mexicans, I found this amusing.

According to The Lake County Sun (Chicago suburbia).
"LaPenta, 19, was jailed this week by Lake County Associate Judge Helen Rozenberg who held her in contempt for wearing the T-shirt in her courtroom. It was emblazoned with the words: 'I have the P**** so I make the rules.'"

Here is the person and the criminal tee shirt in question.











First of all, I can't believe anyone would not dress appropriately for court, even if it was traffic court. I realize this Latina wasn't there for her own issues, but seriously...why?
"The judge asked me if I thought the shirt was appropriate for the courtroom," LaPenta said. "I said I didn't think it was offensive but said I wouldn't have worn it if I was the defendant."
Actually, though, I sort of find it a little strong for a judge to just toss someone in jail for wearing an offensive shirt to court. I could see a charge of contempt and a fine or simply being dismissed from the court room.

I have a feeling that the charge had more to do with what was said at the bench between the Judge and Ms. LaPenta. My bet is that LaPenta said something disrespectful and the judge reacted.

Side Note:
She said she wasn't trying to be offensive or disrespectful, but frankly, I find wearing THAT tee shirt ANYWHERE to be offensive.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure there is more to this story, too. There usually is, right??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right. Keep in mind we are dealing with MSM and a Chicago based MSM to boot.

    ReplyDelete

Your point being?