20100502

League Darts Finals - Choke?

Nah, I didn't choke.














I came in a little over confident, I think. I found myself down 0-4 right from the beginning. Problem was that the last two matches I played against Joey during the regular season, I won 8-3 and 9-2. I really didn't expect him open up so strong.

Championship final score: 12-7 (best of 23 games)

I was able to get within 7-9 at one point, but he hammered down for the last three straight.

Each time I began a come back, Joey shut me down. It was sort of a case of student over taking the teacher in a way. I had taught him some theory on mental approach and some strategy tricks. Actually, he gave me props at the end for some of the things he'd learned.

I'm very proud of him and the way he played. It was also cool that his nine year old daughter was there as well as his older brother. Earlier in the day, the ADO Youth Shoot took place in which his daughter won her first two games in her first ever tournament. Good day for the family.

Eh, I have boxes full of trophies from past championships, so I'm ok with the way things turned out. I'd have rather have played him closer, but I have to give him credit for putting me away like he did.

Good job, Joey.

5 comments:

  1. You are the best kind of teacher, Grackle. The kind that shows respect when due.

    Epic win in my book :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, the grasshopper has snatched the pebble. This is as it should be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ms. Aggie, Joey's a good guy. He listtened and learned to my demise. I've always said that I would rather teach this games than play it.

    cbullitt, yes. I can't say that I wasn't disappointed in my effort, but if I had to lose a match, I'm glad it was Joey. I called him again yesterday to rehash some of the finer moments of the match and he was as gracious as he could be.

    I felt very...I don't know...proud in a way?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should feel very proud :)

    ReplyDelete

Your point being?