20100516

Chili Mac Beret? Not likely. They Might Just As Well Make Them All Powder Pink

Since Doc Snarky posted this pic with all appropriate verbiage and stuff, I figured I'd just link him up instead of rehashing it.


















I wonder when these subversives will become listed in Napalatano's (or whatever the fuck her name is) book of domestic terrorist? - even though most of them are proabably not technically domesticated.

I'd bet biscuits to boots that if the Tea Partiers wore berets, the national guard would be summoned to squealch the uprising. Hell, if they weren't so frenchy gay, I'd go get myself one of them just for a laugh.


Oh, because I'm a curious sort, I figured I'd check up on the History of the Beret. I suspected that since the word is spelled b-e-r-e-t that it must be the softy french that came up with such fashionable runway garb...and in a rare moment of clarity, I was right.
"Although worn as military headgear in ancient Greece, the modern origin of the beret is traced to the Basques, people living on both the French and Spanish sides of the Pyrenees Mountains."
So, I guess that when the Mexicans were beating up the French, they didn't dislike them so bad that they resorted to banishing all things French, but rather adopted the head gear?


Not Mexican and definitely not cool.
















Even Che's grand daughter got in on the action.














Ok, a little cool, but he looks better in a helmet or a cowboy hat.
















Even the UN is in on the frenchy gay look - one feather away from macaroni (or is it angel hair pasta)?














For me? I'll pass on the beret. Give me a dang ball cap with a schnazzy offensive logo of some sort (American flag) and call it chili-mac.


Although...




















 There are acceptable exceptions...



2 comments:

  1. I always did think the reason the UN picked baby blue for their headgear was due to the fact that Breast Cancer Awareness already had cornered pink. Berets are the gay answer to caps. Which is why they aren't good for anything. Not even keeping your hair in place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I knew there was a reason. I gave them props with pink quote text anyway. Susan what-her-face will just thave to deal, you know?

    ReplyDelete

Your point being?